Saturday, June 19, 2010

So Many Projects ... So Little Time!

Sometimes I just have to stop and make a list of everything I want to do, just to sort it out in my mind. My quilting projects list includes 11 projects that are either in process, or I have the pattern and fabric in my house.


Then I have a list of 10 additional projects that are just crafting-or-something-I-want-to-do-around-the-house type of projects.

I have a craft room. Depending on how it looks, I refer to it as the cat/craft/crap room. Tonight the cat was in my bedroom snoozing, so tonight it's my craft/cat/crap room. Earlier this week I was tossing stuff in this room to hide it during the graduation party, so that day it was my crap/cat/craft room. You get the picture. The center of the room is a huge cutting board that is actually a door on a table. One side is a large cutting board. The other side is a huge ironing surface.



But, I actually have projects all over my house ... my dining room is masquerading as a sewing room these days because my mother and I are sewing together and there isn't enough room in my craft/cat/crap room for two women and two sewing machines and two big quilts.






My living room is a "holding zone" for two projects - the bandana quilt that is ready to be made into a quilt sandwich for hand-tying is patiently lying over the back of a chair.






And a quilt prototype that will end up being a tablerunner of sorts - more like a big hot mat for my dining room table - it's ready for simple machine quilting - is draped over the back of my sofa.









As I listed all my current projects or near-future projects, I was reminded again how truly driven I am to create things in my life. It's what makes me happy.


I hope you are doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment