Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Easy Reversible Table Runner

Tonight I've linked this project to: www.shabbychiccottage.net

I've made this table runner at least 8 times using different fabrics. The design itself is very simple and it's a quilt-as-you-go project so it goes super fast. However, the use of fabrics can make it very striking. Of course I've made it for holidays - Thanksgiving on one side and Christmas on the other. But this past weekend my mother asked me to make her a table runner for summer.















Here it is. I love it and am hoping I have enough fabrics leftover to make one for myself! ;)


This design is by Karen Montgomery and the pattern is sold by The Quilt Company (412) 487-9532.

4 comments:

  1. SEW very cute! I love that it's reversible - I would definitely need the pattern to figure this one out - I love quilting but I'm still an extreme amateur. -diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a "flip & sew" type of block - start with a big piece on one side, then sew strips onto the back of it. The really neat thing about this pattern is that you can stop with the big middle square for a table square, or add the triangles on each side of the middle square for placemats, or continue adding triangles to make it a very long table runner. Very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design of this, but alas, I'm no quilter. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sides are so cute, I just love the fabrics you found. I'd like to see this linked up to Fabric Fun Thursday :).

    ReplyDelete