Friday, May 14, 2010

Little Sewing Kit Gifts


I made several of these little "sewing kits" for Bunco prizes a couple of years ago - the ladies loved them. Especially since the gals that won these prizes don't sew, but occasionally need basic sewing equipment for mending a button or torn hem.

I picked up the teacups and saucers from antique shops for about $2 each. The rest of the stuff I either already had on hand or I bought from Walmart, like the pin cushion. Pins and needles I had. Thread I also had so all I did was cut some small squares of plastic and wrap a length of the standard color threads around it - white, navy, cream, and black. I also included a little needle threader, about 6 white buttons and black buttons in various sizes, and a little thread cutter.

These were a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment