Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Planting! I love digging in the dirt

I just dropped $50 plus at Lowe's buying MORE plants. There is just something about taking home a live plant and placing it somewhere in my garden, then nurturing it and watching it [hopefully] grow. It gives me a feeling of peace and contentment. It gives me a feeling of achievement.

My herb and veggie garden is very basic - I'm planting only the things I use a lot of, otherwise I'll buy products at the Farmer's Market. I'm planting tomatoes, yellow squash, basil, rosemary, parsley, oregano, thyme, chives and until it gets too hot, some lettuces. Corn and beans and the like will come from local farmers at the Farmer's Market.

I also picked up a few more plants to add to my shade garden - a few more caladiums, a holly fern, and a ___________.

After this planting I'll begin the fun task of propagating the hydrangeas and Christmas cactuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment