Monday, April 19, 2010

One Of My Favorite Quilted Wall Hangings


Actually, they're all my favorite or I wouldn't have made them! This one is called "Nordstrom's Christmas Window" because it was inspired by a photograph of Nordstrom's of Seattle's window decorated for Christmas several years ago. I found the photo in a photo collection essay on the ABC News website. As soon as I saw the photo I thought that it would make a lovely wall hanging. The fabrics all came from my fabric stash. It is an applique design. The "snow flakes" are made from white flannel. I hand quilted this piece and embellished it with lots of beads for a bit of bling. It's a little larger than a poster size. This wall hanging won first place at the Pamlico River Quilters' Guild in Washington, NC in 2008.

Sometimes I'm inspired to design a quilt from off-the-wall photos, and this was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment