Monday, July 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday 7-30-12

Wish I had more to show for Design Wall Monday, but this is all. I downloaded a course from craftsy.com called Thread Painting by Lola Jenkins. She uses line art, color pencils and stitching for her pieces. This is my first attempt. I took the original photo of this squirrel in my backyard and using picasa transferred it to a line art drawing. The line art was transferred to a piece of plain off-white fabric. All the color on this piece was added by me either with color pencils or stitching. I don't think it's awful for my first attempt. I have a lot to learn. But it was fun. It's about 8x10 and is called, "You Look At Me?"

Visit Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times today to see what others are up to.

4 comments:

  1. ohhh this looks something you can use for lots of things. Thread painting is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Great little quilt, I know of many that have signed up for the Lola Class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete