Monday, July 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday 7-2-12

This quilt is "Rebecca" - it is the Victorian Crazy Quilt my mother and I made together for my mother's great grand-daughter, Mary. The fabrics come from "leftovers" from a quilt my mother and I made made together for my mother's bed, and from my stash. It is a lap size quilt. I did the assembly, had the piece machine quilted using the same rose motif and pink thread that was used on my mother's quilt, finished the binding and then put the piece away and saved it for when my mother visited me this spring. Then we finished it together by adding lace, some embroidery, some buttons. My mother was very proud to give this to Mary. And Mary was thrilled with it. Arthritis is not being kind to my mother and this may very well be the last quilt she works on - hopefully not, but we'll see.

So, it's not really on my design wall but I've blogged about it for earlier Design Wall Mondays and it was a UFO for 2012, so I felt it was okay to blog about it today.

The quilt I started last week - the one with beach color pastels and white - I finished that quilt top and have decided to name it Beachy Keen. Don't know if I'll quilt it myself or send it to the longarm quilter to do. The longarm quilter has a beautiful beach motif that I absolutely adore so I'm kinda leaning that way.

Please check out all the lovely quilts posted on Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment