Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Wall Monday 5-7

Not too much to report visually, however I have been busy. This photo shows the 10 blocks made so far this year in the craftsy.com block of the month program. Even though I'm sticking with the red/white/black color scheme, I did add a new black/white fabric and a new red/black/white fabric because I felt it was becoming a bit boring. It's been a fun program. Eventually we'll have 20 blocks made and then we'll finish the quilt which I assume will include sashings/borders

Not shown, but will try to do so next week, is the progress made on Sea Stable, Ocean Jools, and Life's A Hoot - all three are quilted and either reading for binding or ready for embroidery and bead embellishment. The embellishing is one of my favorite parts of creating the wall hangings because it seems to make the piece come to life.

Also, my mother is visiting so we will be working on the embellishing on the Victorian Crazy Quilt together.

In summary- lots of handwork ahead, very little machine work. After the 4 pieces listed above are finished I'm going to make a gray/white/yellow bed-size quilt for me.

Visit Patchwork Times today for Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I love your craftsy blocks in the black, white and red combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool blocks and I love your color combos! Sounds like a wonderful time to spend with your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete