Sunday, December 19, 2010

Design Wall Monday 12-20-10



Jump over to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and for great inspiration.




I'm still hooked on socks - no quilt on my design wall. I knitted the two in this photo and am now knitting the mates, using my "two-at-a-time" method - two sets of double-pointed needles! The only sock yarn I have any experience with is this Patons Kroy sock yarn - I like it and am fascinated at how the striping effect works. I mean, how does it know I'm finished knitting the cuff and now would be the perfect time to change colors? Or maybe I'm giving this too much thought?




I have yarn for two more pairs of socks and then I've got to put this down and get back to work on my quilting.




Word for the year - my friend Laura, at Mixonian, suggests selecting a word that will guide you for the year. My word for 2010 has been adventure - I've tried to see everything, even negative events in my life, as adventures. I must admit that using this word as a guide helped me to view events a little differently. It also gave me the inclination to do something different on the weekends, like the Sunday morning we got up early and drove all over eastern North Carolina photographing old and crumbling barns. I also used "adventure" as a driving force for trying some new cooking techniques or foods that I'm not familiar. In other words, the word "adventure" helped me step out of my comfort zone.




My word for 2011 is "Simplify". I plan to simplify my house so it is easier to clean and maintain. I plan to simplify my "footprint" in this world. I plan to simplify the food I eat so my diet will contain more natural foods and less processed foods. I plan to also use this word to guide me in my quilting, crafting, and sewing. Give it a try - select a word and let it be a guide for you in 2011. I would love to hear what word you select.

5 comments:

  1. The socks are wonderful. I have a pair I had hoped to get done for Christmas but it is just not going to happen :( I like your choice of Simplify for the new year. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are great! I love your plan for 2011. Simplify was my word for 2010 and we worked hard at it and still have work to do. My word for 2011 is finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplify sounds like a terrific direction to go in for 2011. Glad "Adventure" worked out wonderfully for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Judy D - "finish" is a funny and fabulous word. I hope I can make "finish" my word for next year but then I always fear that Chinese proverb ... "House Finished. Man Dies." So maybe it would be best to keep things rolling on the home front.

    ReplyDelete