Sunday, December 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday 12-13-10




Still no quilt on my design wall, but I can boast my first finished pair of knitted socks, and the start of a second pair. Can't believe how much I'm enjoying knitting socks. Even more, can't believe how much I'm enjoying wearing them!


What fun we had Sunday ... I hosted an "earring-making party" at my house. Everyone brought a drink or appetizer, and I supplied all the beads and findings, showed the delightful ladies how to make a pair of earrings, then let them have at it. They must have had a good time because around 50 pair of earrings were made - a fun way to get some Christmas shopping done. This is the 2nd year we've done this event. There is one rule at the party ... no one can make fun of how many beads I have ... am rather self-conscious about it ... hahaha


Sometime this week I plan to go shopping for more sock yarn.


Am linking to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a party! Plus, you move some of your bead "stash" and make way for more new beads! he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your socks. I am in the process of trying to learn how to knit them. The earring party sounds like a great idea for a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sock knitting is so addictive. I love them.

    ReplyDelete