Sunday, September 19, 2010

Design Wall Monday 9-20-10


On my design wall this week is Front Street Memories. It is a 22" tall x 6-foot long applique wall hanging that is a whimsical tribute to my hometown of Beaufort, NC. I've named the buildings after the businesses that existed when I was a little girl - some still exist but most have since closed up shop. There is a ton of detail work left to do: shutters, flowers, flower boxes, boards, window panes, maybe a cat or dog, dressing up the store front windows, shop names. Even though there is a lot left to do, it is all fun stuff. I'll satin stitch around as much of the detailing as I can. I will use the sewing machine and embroidery for some of the detailing as well. For the building names I plan to use a transfer. And I may even use pen & ink for some of the detail work.



Speaking of sewing machines. Thursday I packed up my machine and took it to the shop for servicing. They had it ready Friday and Saturday I gave it a work out. It runs like it's brand new! Now I'm just sorry that I waited so long to take it in for servicing. Oh well, live and learn. It's now working well.
I'm linking up Monday to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful project you have going, I hope you'll keep sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to walk down memory lane. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS - I just love architectural quilts!! I'm in the middle of an arches series myself. I've seen this done with townhouses in Lancaster. VERY cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project! I like it! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your home town quilt. It reminded me of paper dolls only with houses and buildings. It really does look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats Great work....fabulous in every way.....!!

    Embroidery

    ReplyDelete