Sunday, September 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday 9-13-10

I'll be linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.






I had a very productive week quilting-wise. I finished two quilt tops. The first one is Ocean Mist made with the Ocean Mist jelly roll by South Seas Batik; the pattern came from their website as well. I added my own take on the borders. Overall it went together well.












The second quilt top was one I had not intended to finish so quickly. Saturday I finished Ocean Mist so I decided to start cutting out the fabrics for Cabin In The Orchard (from the book Patchwork Comforters, Throws & Quilts). Usually I put my own spin on fabrics for quilt patterns that I like, but I loved the fabrics used in this piece. The focal fabric was the apple fabric. I found a great match for it and immediately knew that I was going to make this quilt. I love the color red, so that is probably what appealed to me about it. So anyway, Saturday I started cutting out the fabrics and by the time I called it a night half the quilt top was finished. Well, I couldn't wait to get up Sunday and get back to work on - 5 more hours of work and the entire quilt top was finished - and I love it! This one obviously went together very easily. I love the Log Cabin block anyway - it's so versatile.







So now I have nothing on my design wall - yet! My next few projects are all applique starting with an original design by me that I'll post next week.

2 comments:

  1. Both quilts are lovely. You are so right about the Log Cabin. I am making one now as my Leader/Ender quilt.

    I also saw a Cathedral Window quilt peaking from behind. That too is luscious.

    I notice that you are from NC. If we ever sell our house here on Cape Cod we are going to move to NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great looking! Log cabin is one of my favorite all time blocks.

    ReplyDelete