Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday 1-30-12

Have been busy but mostly with projects that are already in process.

First, Home Tweet Home has been quilted and I finished the binding. It is covered with a layer of tulle to help protect the fusible applique. I will begin embellishing it this week during the evenings - embellishing will includes lots of beads on the birds and bird houses and flowers, plus some embroidery thread will be added as nesting material that is falling out of the bird houses.

I'm also continuing to work on the Keep The Heart Truth Growing wall hanging. Have added read beads that outline each side of the off-white "stream" that goes through this piece and outline stitched around each applique piece. The quilt sandwich is made and I've decided to hand quilt this piece - will outline stitch around the pieces and also quilt hearts on the background.

The 2 blocks for February for the http://www.craftsy.com/ free block of the month tutorial were released Saturday, and I made/finished the two blocks Saturday. So, 4 blocks down, 16 more to go.


And I started knitting another pair of sox.

Next week I'll take a photo of the crayon batik dyeing project - not a success - not at all.

Please stop by Patchwork Times today for Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Your applique is wonderful. I have had a few epic fails this month myself. I love knitting but socks seemed so hard! Have a great week creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!

    I'll have to read up on the tulle method.

    I'm doing the Craftsy BOM, too. I've finished three of the four blocks. I'm making mine 8" and paper pieced them from EQ7 drafted patterns. I ran out of time this morning or I would have been able to post an entry about them. I chose the same color scheme. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of lovely projects going. Just a sweet heart piece that deserves the love of handquilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, I love your hearts! And I'm doing the Craftsy BOM, too -- aren't they fun?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of great things to look at here. do you have any yarn recommendations for non-wool? It's too hot in central Va to wear wool socks most of the year. And, we aren't even having a decent winter in terms of coolness -- should hit 70 this week. Weird. Most socks I've done are wool. The one cotton pair I made I really don't like the yarn....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - those red and white blocks are really really neat!

    ReplyDelete